Monday, September 18, 2006

show at Mephisto's!

I'm still pretty excited about the show we played at Mephisto's in Detroit on Saturday night, and it's a good two days later, I guess that says something. The evening started out in a slight panic, we were only what should have been 40 minutes away from the venue when we realized I-94 was shut down for construction between Michigan Ave and Livernois..the backup was literally the worst I have ever seen. We sat in what felt like a never ending parking lot for nearly 2 hours, then once we finally reached an exit, visited likely the worst bathroom in the midwest. It was actually traumatizing, the state of it. And then, as only Michigan would do, the "detour" to the next open stretch of the freeway was also under construction, down to one lane, also a parking lot, in one of the worst areas of Detroit. Somehow we made it to the venue around 10:30, well after doors were opened, and I was shocked to find the place was standing room-only. Amazed. And so many people instantly were ready to help us load in, get soundchecked and on by 11. The show itself was short since we were opening, and the stage was super small, for the first time I noticed whenever I moved I was elbowing the guitarist, so I jumped out ahead of the monitors quite a bit. The environment was pretty intimate, though so it worked well regardless. Really, once we were there, it felt like the coolest thing ever to be among so many interesting and interested people. There were so many faces I recognized just from online profiles and friends of friends as well as people I knew personally and hadn't seen for a while. It was great seeing Cruciform Injection again, as well as Hypodermic who had set up the venue for us. The support was just overwhelming, and I hope to have more shows like it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home